About Pangea Aerospace:
Pangea Aerospace is an aerospace start-up based in Barcelona and Toulouse focusing on developing disruptive technologies for small satellite launch vehicles. We are searching for new team members that want to contribute on creating the next generation of launchers.
Our mission is to develop the technology that enables a more efficient, sustainable and commercial access to space. The company is building the world’s first additively manufactured aerospike engine and a proprietary recovery system. Pangea Aerospace’s technologies will contribute towards making reusable rockets the catalyst for low-cost access to space.
We are looking for open-minded, driven and talented professionals to join our international team in Barcelona.
Pangea Aerospace is privately funded, supported by national and European institutions and a strong network of European partners.
Abour your role:
You will work directly within the management team and with the different heads of departments to plan, follow-up, and ensure the correct progress of all technology and product developments within the company.
You should be prepared for a position that will be thrilling since it is highly dynamic and challenging. The job consists in connecting the technical team with the management of the company and give support to the head of departments to keep control of deadlines, budgets, and milestones, as well as coordinating a fast-growing team.
The projects managed in this position are unique as they have as a goal the development of rocket engines, rocket systems/subsystems, and entire launch vehicles.
The responsibilities will include, among others:
· Define together with the management team the definition of project objectives, project scope, roles & responsibilities
· Ensure smooth communication between the team members within a project
· Act as a liaison of project needs and project resources
· Track and monitor resources needed to reach objectives and ensure its effective and efficient management
· Prepare and control the budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
· Develop and control a detailed project schedule and work plan
· Provide project updates on a consistent basis
What you need to be successful:
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, business, or a related field
· +5 years of project management with highly technical and/or R&D projects
· Strong familiarity with both traditional and agile project management methodologies, best practices and software tools (certifications are a must)
· Full project cycle experience (from initiation to closing) and proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
· Strong interpersonal skills and good communication skills
· Experience in overcoming failure and dealing with it
· Proven ability to solve problems creatively
· Capable of working in a highly international environment with high flexibility
· Fluent English (Spanish and/or French is a must)
· Travel availability