We are an aerospace start-up based in Barcelona and Toulouse and we are focused on developing disruptive technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Our mission is to develop the technology that enables a more efficient, sustainable, and commercial access to space. We successfully tested a world’s first 3D printed aerospike engine, introducing several new technologies into its design. And we are leading the development of innovative launcher technology making reusable rockets the catalyst for sustainable and low-cost access to space.
We are privately funded, supported by national and European institutions and a strong network of European partners.
If you are a Space fan, open-minded, driven, and talented professional, who can help us to take our business to the next level, continue reading!
We are looking for a Propulsion Structural Designer in Toulouse or Barcelona:
About your role:
You will be in charge to design liquid rocket propulsion system components. The responsibilities will include, among others:
- Define and address requirements set by ECSS and other standards
- Carry out conceptual design and trade-off studies thriving for designing efficient and low-cost components
- Design and sizing of the propulsion system in concert with other engineering groups and departments, understanding of the behaviour of parts and assemblies when subjected to mechanical, thermal, vibration etc. loads
- Detail design components
- Work together with and support other departments during the product development (e.g. Propulsion, Stress analysis, Manufacturing, QA, Assembly, Testing)
- Create manufacturing documentation (2D drawings, 3D models)
- Create documentation, BOM, technical reports, and presentations
What you need to be successful:
- BSc or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or similar engineering field
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in designing mechanical components in space industry
- Demonstrated experience with developing a product from requirements to manufactured components
- Deep understanding of GD&T (ISO or ASME relevant standards)
- Ability to do hand calculations as preliminary sizing of load-bearing structures
- Understanding of liquid rocket engine working principles
- Experience with seal selection and bolted flange design
- Extensive experience with CAD, including 3+ years of experience with Siemens NX, understanding of top-down CAD design principles
- Knowledge of DFM and DFAM principles
- Fluent in English, any other language is beneficial
- Experience with FEA
- Knowledge of DFA principles, handling large and heavy structures, assembly line methods, tooling, jigs
- Knowledge of NDI methods and designing structures to be inspectable
- Experience with designing parts for testing and verification
- Critical mindset
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously with little or no supervision
More about us…
We are an international and very multicultural team. Our work is guided by these core values:
- Teamwork, because we strive in working together as an aligned team towards our common goals.
- Respect & tolerance: we value people with integrity that treat other people with respect. We enjoy having diverse views to enrich the debate and take better decisions.
- Passion for growth: we are passionate about space and about being pioneers; also, we value personal and organizational growth aiming to a constant improvement.
- Sustainability: because a long-term vision and strategy is not possible if sustainability is not in the team’s core values.
- Daring: we do things that sometimes seem impossible, but we always go the extra mile to find a path to do them and we are ready to take the necessary risks to achieve our goals.
If this sounds good to you and you want to join the New Space revolution, we really want to meet you!