About Pangea Aerospace:
Pangea Aerospace is an aerospace start-up based in Barcelona focusing on developing disruptive technologies for small satellite launch vehicles. We are searching for new team members that want to contribute on creating the next generation of launchers.
Our mission is to develop the technology that enables a more efficient, sustainable, and commercial access to space. The company is building the world’s first additively manufactured aerospike engine and a proprietary recovery system. Pangea Aerospace’s technologies will contribute towards making reusable rockets the catalyst for low-cost access to space.
We are looking for open-minded, driven, and talented professionals to join our international team in Barcelona.
Pangea Aerospace is privately funded, supported by national and European institutions and a strong network of European partners.
About your role:
You will be in charge to design liquid rocket propulsion system components. The responsibilities will include, among others:
- Define and address requirements set by ECSS and other standards
- Carry out conceptual design and trade-off studies thriving for designing efficient and low-cost components
- Design and sizing of the propulsion system in concert with other engineering groups and departments, understanding of the behaviour of parts and assemblies when subjected to mechanical, thermal, vibration etc. loads
- Detail design components
- Work together with and support other departments during the product development (e.g. Propulsion, Stress analysis, Manufacturing, QA, Assembly, Testing)
- Create manufacturing documentation (2D drawings, 3D models)
- Create documentation, BOM, technical reports, and presentations
What you need to be successful:
- BSc or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or similar engineering field
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in designing mechanical components in space industry
- Demonstrated experience with developing a product from requirements to manufactured components
- Deep understanding of GD&T (ISO or ASME relevant standards)
- Ability to do hand calculations as preliminary sizing of load-bearing structures
- Understanding of liquid rocket engine working principles
- Experience with seal selection and bolted flange design
- Extensive experience with CAD, including 3+ years of experience with Siemens NX, understanding of top-down CAD design principles
- Knowledge of DFM and DFAM principles
- Fluent in English, any other language is beneficial
- Experience with FEA
- Knowledge of DFA principles, handling large and heavy structures, assembly line methods, tooling, jigs
- Knowledge of NDI methods and designing structures to be inspectable
- Experience with designing parts for testing and verification
- Critical mindset
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously with little or no supervision