About Pangea Aerospace:
Pangea Aerospace is an aerospace start-up based in Barcelona and Toulouse focusing on developing disruptive technologies for small satellite launch vehicles. We are searching for new team members that want to contribute on creating the next generation of launchers.
Our mission is to develop the technology that enables a more efficient, sustainable and commercial access to space. The company is building the world’s first additively manufactured aerospike engine and a proprietary recovery system. Pangea Aerospace’s technologies will contribute towards making reusable rockets the catalyst for low-cost access to space.
We are looking for open-minded, driven and talented professionals to join our international team in Barcelona or Toulouse.
Pangea Aerospace is privately funded, supported by national and European institutions and a strong network of European partners.
About your job:
Supporting the work for the propulsion department, by taking a leading role in the design of entire systems and sub-systems.
The responsibilities will include, among others:
· Support the design, optimization and testing of liquid propulsion hardware
· Rocket engine cycle design and modelling
· Support the design of test bench hardware
· Support hardware mounting, testing and data acquisition
What you need to be successful:
· Experience in aerospace industry, designing liquid rocket engines at a subsystem and system level (+5years)
· Fluent English
· In-depth understanding of liquid rocket engine working principles and design techniques
· Knowledge of the aerospike engine concept
· Research experience in aerospace field
· Additive manufacturing experience
· Good knowledge of liquid rocket engine testing hardware
· CFD experience, preferably using Ansys
· Good programming skills, e.g. Matlab
· CAD experience, preferably using Siemens NX
· Good communication skills
· Capable of working in a flexible and open-minded environment
· Creative and with experience in overcoming failure
Position opened in Toulouse or Barcelona